Travel Summer

 When my Father retired in the late 1980's and came back to the States he was doing alright financially. No bills, living with my older Brother and then wife and kids. He was getting Social Security and a Military Pension as a Combat Vet. World War II.

And the last few years of his life he would get in his car in the summer and travel the country seeing his family. And yes, we had spread all over the country. And we still are.

I always wanted to do things like this. Just travel places and see people, experience different places and the people who live there.

Over the years since I have entered into Recovery I have begun to cross off some of the things that are on my list of, formerly, pipe dreams. Literally.

I have travelled, a lot. I have gone places, and lived in some of them, that I had dreamed of going to for years.

I have gotten to know so many people that I would never have met otherwise.

A few years ago I crossed another one off the list. I began riding motorcycles again. I had ridden some when I was real young and then stopped for a long time. I made the choice to start again in 2019.

And one thing that I had always thought of doing is getting a small trailer to put a bike on, having a car set up to pull a trailer, and travel the country. Pull the trailer with my bike and just ride all around wherever I end up going.

Last year I bought a car with a setup for a trailer. A mid size SUV. On Thursday morning I bought an 8 foot by 5 foot Utility Trailer. I then went and registered it. Then I loaded my bike onto that trailer and have departed for visiting to family in other parts of the country.

And I have chosen this summer to be my Summer of Travel. Who knows if I will ever be able to again. I hope so. I am doing some things to create that for myself.

And I do not know. I can right now.

Thank You Aunt Rusty.

This summer is the Aunt Rusty Memorial Tour. I am dedicating it to her memory.

Because she passed away a little bit ago. And I, along with many members of my family, got a financial kick from her will. And that is what is allowing me to continue to set up the things that will allow me to do this for the rest of my life. And, it is making possible me doing this now.

So right now I am at a rest stop on I-20 in West Texas. I am tired and invigorated. And I feel like I am living for the first time in a long time.

Not that my life has been bad. It has not. I have a good life. And I have been going through the steps of life that we all have to go through to survive. And I am breaking free from that.

Thank You Aunt Rusty 💓

So do not be surprised if I show up in your neck of the woods sometime this summer. Especially if we share some greater or lesser part of DNA.

I am living and enjoying my life and want to visit everyone that I can.

Thank You Aunt Rusty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I Had a Dinger

Being Poor and Homeless is Expensive

Helmets? Oh Yeah!!!